Why would you love this gluten free meatballs recipe?
Ingredients you will need
- 1 pound ground meat (beef, pork, turkey, chicken, or a mix)
- 1/2 cup gluten-free breadcrumbs (you can use breadcrumbs made from gluten-free bread)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (make sure it’s a gluten-free variety)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 large egg
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
How to make Gluten-Free meatballs
- Preheat the oven: Begin by preheating your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Prepare the meat mixture: In a spacious mixing bowl, combine the ground meat, gluten-free breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, finely chopped parsley, egg, minced garlic, dried oregano, salt, and black pepper. Thoroughly mix the ingredients until they are well combined.
- Shape the meatballs: Take small portions of the meat mixture and roll them gently between your palms, forming compact meatballs. Opt for a size of around 1 to 1.5 inches in diameter.
- Heat the oil: In an oven-safe skillet or frying pan, heat the olive oil over a medium flame.
- Brown the meatballs: Carefully add the meatballs to the heated oil, allowing them to brown evenly on all sides. This step is essential for enhancing the flavor and texture of the meatballs.
- Bake the meatballs: Once the meatballs have achieved a desirable browning, transfer them to the preheated oven. Arrange them on a baking sheet or within an oven-safe dish. Bake for roughly 15-20 minutes or until the internal temperature of the meatballs reaches 160°F (71°C).
- Serve: After the meatballs are fully cooked, remove them from the oven and allow them to rest for a brief period before serving.
- Enjoy: Serve the gluten-free meatballs alongside your favored sauce, pasta, vegetables, or even in a sandwich. These meatballs also make for a delectable appetizer.
Serving Ideas for gluten-free meatballs
Classic Spaghetti and Meatballs:
Delight in a timeless classic as you place your gluten-free meatballs atop a comforting bed of gluten-free spaghetti or your chosen alternative pasta. Elevate this dish with a drizzle of marinara sauce and a lavish sprinkle of freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Elevate your sandwich experience by filling a gluten-free sub roll with savory gluten-free meatballs. Take it a step further by enveloping them in marinara sauce and a scrumptious layer of melted mozzarella cheese.
Craft a nourishing bowl by harmoniously combining gluten-free meatballs with quinoa or rice, sautéed vegetables, and a drizzle of your preferred gluten-free sauce. This wholesome blend guarantees an infusion of flavor and satisfaction.
Embark on a culinary adventure by pairing gluten-free meatballs with spiralized zucchini noodles (zoodles). This innovative take on the classic spaghetti and meatballs offers a low-carb and gluten-free twist.
Set the stage for any gathering with dainty bite-sized gluten-free meatballs, perfect as appetizers. Offer toothpicks and an array of dipping sauces like marinara or garlic aioli for a delightful indulgence.
Infuse an explosion of flavors by seamlessly incorporating gluten-free meatballs into a vibrant stir-fry alongside an assortment of colorful vegetables and a gluten-free stir-fry sauce. Serve this delightful concoction over rice or gluten-free noodles.
Elevate your salad game by introducing slices of gluten-free meatballs to a bed of mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, and your chosen gluten-free dressing. A delectable and nutritious choice for a satisfying meal.
Meatball Tacos: Reimagine taco night with gluten-free meatballs snugly nestled in soft corn or gluten-free tortillas. Crown them with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, and a dollop of sour cream or guacamole.
Meatball Pizza: Elevate your pizza prowess by adorning your preferred gluten-free pizza crust with sliced gluten-free meatballs. Elevate the experience further with your favored sauce, cheese, and a medley of additional toppings.
Meatball Buddha Bowl:
Curate a nourishing Buddha bowl featuring gluten-free meatballs, roasted vegetables, a hearty grain like quinoa or brown rice, and a flavorsome gluten-free sauce. A symphony of textures and tastes awaits.
Kickstart your day with a protein-packed breakfast by pairing gluten-free meatballs with scrambled eggs, sautéed spinach, and a side of gluten-free toast. A distinctive and hearty morning option.
Inject an element of fun into your presentation by threading gluten-free meatballs onto skewers, alternating with vibrant vegetables. A captivating and appetizing choice suitable for various occasions.